Danish Ballet Masters – Summer Intensive Ballet Course 2017
Danish Ballet Masters’ founders and teachers are:
- Linda Hindberg, apprentice teacher at the Royal Danish Ballet
- Mogens Boesen, company teacher and character dancer at the Royal Danish Ballet, former soloist at the Royal Danish Ballet
The two Danish founders have known each other for 30 years and have one important thing in common, namely their passion for dance. By establishing Danish Ballet Masters Summer Intensive, they are now passing on the experience they have gained in the dance world throughout their careers:
- Trained by world famous Danish dancers such as Erik Bruhn, Toni Lander, Flemming Flindt, Henning Kronstam , and others
- In addition, studied with Stanley Williams and David Howard in New York and Glenn Gilmour in Canada
- Worked with the greatest ballet choreographers such as Glen Tetley, John Neumeier, Maurice Béjart, Alvin Ailey, Peter Martins, Antony Tudor, Jiri Kylian, Alexei Ratmansky and others.
Program variety, teacher continuity and personal coaching have proved important to the founders in their daily training and learning process in the classical repertoire and technique. To reflect this, the founders have developed a technically diversified, integrated Summer Intensive program of classical ballet and Bournonville technique, with emphasis on individual attention during the classes. The two founders will be teaching throughout the 2-week course.
The primary purpose of the course is to train and develop the artistic, musical and technical skills and qualities of each participating student. Through the training, each student will bring their skills to a higher level, technically and artistically. In addition, each student gains an increased awareness of his/her current level of development as a dancer, and their potential for improvement. Our goal is to support and encourage the training and career opportunities of our students.
The Summer Intensive 2017 offers classes in:
- Classical ballet technique
- Women’s pointe classes & variations
- Men’s classes & variations
- Bournonville technique & variations
- Last day showing
Linda Hindberg and Mogens Boesen will be teaching classical ballet classes & variations. Nikolaj Hübbe will be our guest teacher.