Frequently Asked Questions
In these FAQ sections you will find answers to most common questions.
What are the criteria of Danish Ballet Masters for admitting me to attend the Summer Intensive?
Danish Ballet Masters will, at its sole discretion, admit applicants to the Summer Intensive on the basis of the following criteria:
- Performance at the audition
- The requirements listed in the section registration of this website including but not limited to age (15 & up), payment and application procedure terms
- The talent level of each applicant and of the total number of applicants
- The technical level of each applicant (advanced, pre-professional, professional) compared to the age of the applicant
- Studio space, quality and comfort considerations as for the total number of students in each class
- In case of oversubscription, Danish Ballet Masters will contact the student(s) ASAP
- Danish Ballet Masters admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally offered to students at the courses of Danish Ballet Masters. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational and admissions policies and programs.
What do I bring with me to the audition?
- Students must bring with them the audition application material to the audition:
- Completed and signed audition form
- Audition fee $35 (cash only)
- Procedure C applicants only: Also bring1st arabesque & headshot photo. See Audition section on this website.
How long is the audition?
- The audition in ballet technique class takes approximately 1.5 hour.
What are the audition dress code requirements?
- Wear what you would wear for any ballet classes, i.e. leotard, tights, pointe shoes (girls) and tights, t-shirt, ballet shoes (boys). No skirts or baggy clothes.
How do I find my way to the audition
- Please look under Contact
How do I apply for the audition?
- There are 3 ways (procedures A, B and C) to apply for the audition as detailed in the Audition section.
(A) Recommended: by email, via Wetransfer or Dropbox, or by post. Remember to bring a copy of the application form + audition fee $35 in cash with you to the audition.
(B) Video audition via Wetransfer (free) or Dropbox (free version). Use this way if you live abroad or if you are unable to attend the open audition for other reasons.
(C) Attend the audition without prior application. Bring with you the audition form, 1st arabesque & headshot photos and audition fee $35 in cash. This procedure is not recommended.
Must I be able to dance on pointe?
- Yes. Pointe classes for girls are part of the integrated 2-week Summer Intensive. Girls are expected to have 2 or more years of experience on pointe.
Can I attend the Summer Intensive only part-time?
- The Summer Intensive is an integrated 2-week course. Part-time participation is only admitted for pre-professional and professional dancers and only by special approval from Danish Ballet Masters.
Observation of classes: Can my parents, family and friends watch a class during Danish Ballet Masters’ course at the Rose Building?
- Parents and siblings to students may attend the introduction meeting on the first day.
- Family members are allowed to observe the classes during the course. Fee per family member per class: $20 (one class = 1.5 hours).
Are professional teachers allowed to visit the course?
- Professional teacher visitors by approval from Danish Ballet Masters are allowed to observe classes.
Does Danish Ballet Masters provide housing, meals and transportation?
- Housing, meals and transportation are not part of the Summer Intensive services. Costs of housing, meals and transportation are at students’ expense. Housing possibilities are listed down below.
The Jane Hotel ***** excellent
113 Jane St New York, NY, 10014 United States, 1-866-678-6350
2528 Broadway New York, NY, 10025 United States, 1-866-538-0251
204 W 23rd Street New York, NY, 10011 United States, 1-866-538-6252
The Milburn Hotel ***** excellent
242 W 76th St New York, NY, 10023 United States, 1-866-925-421825th St between 6th and Broadway near to the Broadway New York, NY, 10010United States, 1-866-711-3751
Wyndham Garden – Manhattan Chelsea West***** excellent
37 W 24th Street New York, NY, 10010 United States, 1-866-538-135137 W 24th Street New York, NY, 10010 United States, 1-866-538-1351L
209 West 87th Street New York, NY, 10024 United States, 1-866-539-9234
43 W 32nd St New York, NY, 10001 United States, 1-866-925-8709
18 W 25th St New York, NY, 10010 United States, 1-866-538-0157